When it comes time to start your Pool Renovation and you are looking for a pool contractor, there ARE a few questions you need to ask before you hire them or sign any forms or a contract. As with any business out there, there are always questions you should ask before hand – not only to keep yourself safe, but to keep an open line of communication open so that nothing surprising will happen during the duration of the build. Beyond just asking questions, it’s also a good idea to do a one on one interview in person. This would be the time to do them a one over; ask them your questions, see how they respond, what answers they give you (if any) and then find out more about the individual or company by looking at reviews online. Here are the TOP questions you should ask a pool contractor. Continue reading
If you have an underground swimming pool, it’s absolutely necessary to winterize it. Even if you are one of those people that live in a warmer climate, you still should be taking a few simple steps to keep your pool, the system itself and your pool area maintained for wintertime. These guidelines below are a general rule, but because each person has different climates they live in, different pool sizes and shapes as well as different equipment, tools and mechanics, if you really want to know how to winterize your specific pool ask a profession about pool construction in Greenwich CT for more exact information. Continue reading
When it comes to above ground swimming pools, you absolutely must have a pool liner. Not only are liners used for appeal and style, but they are also used for keeping the water inside the pool without leaks. Liners also tend to protect the walls from an above ground pool by keeping the walls rust free and from getting deteriorate. When it comes to pool restoration in Greenwich CT there are a few things you need to know about pool liners, as well as what pool liners are available and which ones you should use for your pool. There are 3 types of pool liners and as with all products and comparisons, each one offers a different variable; ease of maintenance, cost and security and safety issues. The one you choose will obviously depend on what variable is the most important to your needs and wants when it comes to a pool liner for your swimming pool.
Pool Liner Style
If you already have a swimming pool that is above ground, you can take a look at the construction of it and find out which type you have. This is the type you should stick with, unless you are changing the entire process of the structure. If you have not built the pool yet and you want to find out the best one to choose from; you can use any of the three below. Each has its own distinct look, feel and price so stick to what suites you the best. For example, if you don’t mind having to make adjustments along the way, but you also want something that doesn’t need a lot of maintenance, the Uni bead would be best for you. On the other hand, if you want something super secure that may take a little longer to adjust because of all the mechanics, the beaded liner may be the best option for your needs. Either way, here are the 3 types of pool liners available to you: Continue reading
Perhaps you are on the fence about the purchase of a swimming pool. It is a major expense after all, and since people are being much more prudent with their finances these days, what factors would most entice you into becoming a first-time pool owner? The two major factors would be personal convenience and a healthy lifestyle. A pool is a present you give yourself and your family for a lifetime of health benefits. Swimming health benefits far trump the convenience of having a pool at your disposal for a daily swimming session in warm weather months.
Feel like a swim?
Before delving into the health benefits of owning a pool, just the idea of a swim in the pool after a stressful day at work sounds inviting doesn’t it? Sure, health club memberships, a trip to the “Y” or open swimming nights at the local high school are cost-effective ways to incorporate swimming into your exercise routine, but sometimes your schedule and theirs don’t jibe. Since this is a cold-weather state, you might try those options when your backyard pool is closed for the season, but there are many, many calendar days in which to use and enjoy your own backyard pool. Swimming, just like most other forms of exercise, is a mood enhancer – it releases endorphins which help to eliminate stress and put you in “a happy place”. So, whether you start your day with a brisk morning swim, cool off with a jump in the pool during the heat of the day, or enjoy a long and leisurely night-time swim, there are many health benefits to swimming as you will see below
Different strokes for different folks
There are a wide variety of pools to suit every swimmer’s needs and backyard living space. Some people prefer the luxury of an Olympic-sized pool for leisurely swimming or simple water exercises, where other swimmers get a powerful water workout and burn off significant calories by swimming laps in a swim spa or a lap pool. A swim spa is a hybrid of a pool and spa and has water jets against which the swimmer must swim against a constant flow of water which provides an intense workout. A swim spa is ideal for small yards, as is a lap pool, because the latter’s shape is long and narrow and takes up minimal space in your backyard living area. A pool contractor in Westchester who specializes in pool construction and pool design can help you plan your swimming pool around your backyard living area as well as assist in addressing your particular pool needs.
Health benefits of swimming
Swimming on a regular basis is a wise move because swimming benefits those of all ages. It is a superlative cardiovascular and aerobic exercise, no matter what age you are, or what shape you are in. Swimming is considered to be one of the biggest calorie burners around and good for keeping weight under control. Just thirty minutes of lap swimming a day will burn up to eight times the calories of a typical sedentary activity, such as watching TV or talking on the phone. Swimming tones all the visible muscles, and conditions your most-important muscle in your body – your heart.
• Using a pool benefits older folks. Swimming offers something no other aerobic exercise does: the ability to work your body without harsh impact to your skeletal system. When the human body is submerged in water, it automatically becomes lighter. This means that the pool provides an ideal place to work stiff muscles and sore joints, especially if you are overweight or suffer from arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation endorses pool use for people with arthritis because swimming stretches muscles and that provides an aerobic workout, which loosening of the stiff joints becomes beneficial for arthritis sufferers. If the pool is heated, the warm water can loosen stiff joints and decreases the pain from osteoarthritis.
• Water workouts for weight reduction. If you are overweight, it is often difficult and taxing to just get around. Overweight people are often chastised for their inability to lose weight, for example, on an exercise program. A severe exercise program could cause pain or injury due to lack of mobility, especially in the case of morbidly obese persons. A gentler and easier way to exercise for weight reduction is by using a swimming pool. An overweight person can adjust to a swimming regimen easier than other aerobic exercises which are taxing on the body. Swimming is an excellent way to increase muscular strength and muscle tone. If someone posed the question of which exercise benefits you more – jogging or swimming, chances are you would say the former. But this is not true. A jogger while running around a track merely moves his or her body through the air, while a swimmer propels him or herself through the water, a substance which is twelve times as dense as air. That means that every kick or arm stroke becomes a resistance exercise. Resistance exercises are the best means to build muscle tone and strength.
• Swimming improves flexibility. If you are in good physical shape, that first snowfall of the year, or the Spring yard cleanup, causes the use of muscles that might not have been active in awhile, and renders you feeling like you were run over by a Mack truck the next day. Even if you exercise faithfully all year around, if you are not limber, face it – exercise to seldom-used muscles will cause you pain. At the gym, you can target specific body parts for flexibility, but this is done machine-by-machine on each part of the body and is painstaking, and might be painful. Swimming puts your entire body through a broad range-of-motion exercises that serve to keep your ligaments loose and flexible. The arms move in wide arcs, the hips are engaged as the legs scissor through the water and the head and spine twist from side to side. Every stroke you make while in the water actually serves to lengthen your body, making you more efficient in the water and giving you a good stretch from head to toe.
• Swimming is heart smart (especially for women). Besides toning you thoroughly, swimming conditions and improves the hardest-working, and most-important, muscle in the body – the heart. Swimming strengthens the heart, and, unbelievably, actually helps the heart not only become larger, but makes it more efficient at pumping blood, causing better blood flow throughout the body. According to the American Heart Association, women who exercise 30 minutes a day, like swimming, can reduce coronary heart disease as much as 30-40 percent.
More ways that swimming has a wealth of health benefits:
• Swimming has been shown to improve bone strength, especially in post-menopausal women. Swimming helps allergy sufferers, because swimming happens in the water, thus it is moist air. Asthma sufferers who were forced to give up any other type of exercise regimen due to their condition will soon find swimming on a regular basis will improve their asthma overall, even up to a year after the swimming program has ceased. Lastly, swimming reduces your blood pressure.
There you have it – all the benefits of swimming. Now, all you need to do is take the plunge and call your local pool construction contractor today.
There is nothing more important to you than your health. Good health trumps everything. Sadly, it does not matter how famous you are, or how much money you have in the bank, or even the extent of your assets, if you do not have your health all those material things are for naught.
If you enjoy swimming and have toyed with the idea of getting your own pool for convenience sake, or, just because of how good you feel since you’ve started your swimming regimen, don’t let the cost hold you back. Being smart about your money is good, but being smart about your health is better. If you were to look at the expense of having your own swimming pool in your backyard living area versus using a public pool, you likely would hold off on that pool purchase. But – not so fast. Sure, initially a pool is a large expense and there are costs for upkeep, but in the long run essentially you are better off having your own pool. Here’s a few reasons why you should factor the cost of a pool and its maintenance into your budget if possible. Continue reading
As you think about getting a pool installed in your backyard, you might be somewhat confused by the various options you’ll find in store. But while a vast array of pool design schemes exist for all sorts of tastes and backyard layouts, pool construction is a relatively straight forward process. Simply put, there are basically two ways a pool can be placed in your backyard: above-ground or in-ground. Continue reading
Opulence, extravagance, elegance … these are the perfect words to describe the biggest and best trends in modern in-ground pool designs. Nothing beats relaxing pool side in summer, chatting with friends and family, and making a splash. But now how about upgrading that a bit? What if you could relax, chat, and order your favorite cocktail at the same time, without leaving your pool? Or how this … relaxing with friends, sipping that delicious cocktail, and watching your favorite summer flick … all in your own backyard! That’s exactly what this year’s hottest in-ground pool designs are all about … creating a luxurious retreat right in your own backyard. It is true that nothing says leisure like an in-ground pool. If you have been dreaming of adding a luxurious in-ground pool to your Stamford home’s backyard entertainment living space, this year’s hottest design crazes bring with them the epitome of lavish and luxury.
Swimming pools and movie stars
You don’t have to be a Beverly Hills millionaire to have a drive-in right in your own backyard! As all those big screen televisions are becoming more affordable than ever, so are their portable movie screen and projector counterparts, the ones that can create the fun and feel of a movie theater at poolside. And, as summer movie season heats up, so too will your party calendar when family and friends toss aside those long lines, high-priced popcorn, and sticky floors of the movie theaters, opting instead for a chance to cool down in your pool, party with buddies, and watch the latest flicks in cool, comfortable contentment!
To infinity and beyond
The latest ‘buzz’ in in-ground pool construction for 2014 … and beyond … is one of the most stylish and exciting designs in the pool industry ever. ‘Infinity’ … it means limitless, it means space, it means vast immeasurability, and that’s just how you and your guests will feel in your new infinity pool. Modeled after the ritziest hotels in the world, this stunning backyard style has been scaled down to fit right into your Stamford backyard. Also referred to as ‘negative edge,’ this pool’s design means just that … one edge of the pool is gone, and in its place is the striking illusion that your pool melts into the landscape. The position of the pool actually makes it look like it’s flowing right into your yard’s horizon, for a stunning effect that will amaze your guests!
Quest for fire
Backyard fireplaces and fire pits are, simply put, on fire this year! Of the four classical elements, your pool already makes great use of earth, water, and air. It’s high time you added fire. One of this season’s most popular trends is one of man’s most basic instincts … sitting around the fire. Roasting marshmallows and singing songs isn’t just for campfires anymore. With the many designs and styles offered in the latest of outdoor living, rustic and beautiful outside fire pits and fireplaces are heating up backyard entertaining like never before.
The swankiest resorts the world over are offering luxurious swim-up bars … and now you can, too! Nothing will get your partygoers moving and shaking like a refreshing poolside cocktail to liven things up. This year’s backyard in-ground pool designs aren’t complete without adding your own sumptuous bar for chic elegance and a touch of whimsy.
Midnight at the oasis
‘Til the evening ends, your guests will be delighted by the dazzling effects of water trickling over the ponds and fountains that gracefully enhance your backyard’s lovely landscape. Indeed, creating a backyard oasis has become quite possibly the hottest pool design trend of summer 2014. You can personally choose from hundreds of designs and thousands of combinations of the most beautiful stones, rocks, and plant and animal life to intensify the experience of your new backyard pool.
From entertaining swim-up bars to crackling fire pits to personal movie theaters and more, the hottest trends in pool design and construction for 2014 and beyond embody the very essence of comfort. For more information on how you can design and customize the backyard recreation living space of your dreams, contact a pool construction company in your area.